The Health Management & Finance Foundation Program was created in response to sector demand and in-line with HFMA’s 2013 - 2016 Strategic Plan, HFMA has developed the first health finance E-Learning Program nationally, in partnership with the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS). This will see a number of streams developed across health finance, focusing on efficiency, effectiveness and best practice.
Since it's beginning, HFMA's E-Learning Program has undergone further development to now cater to a more National basis, with future plans of expanding the courses that are available.
This program is a comprehensive online training system consisting of individually designed modules for self-study. These courses are ideal for professional development or training in a specific aspect of health finance.
Research completed by the DHHS and Paxton’s Partners in 2014, revealed significant issues in capability and capacity across health finance in rural, regional and metropolitan health services across Victoria, and now with the understanding that this issue is also faced Nationally. It has outlined and identified this across three key areas, from those new to health finance, middle management and senior leadership teams.
HFMA’s E-Learning Program will address these concerns. The E-Learning will be an HFMA-certified training system – ideal for professional development through knowledge acquisition in both generalist and niche areas of health finance.
Our vision is to address the big issues healthcare providers face today: managing costs, enhancing efficiency, and integrating financial information with the delivery of health care.
HFMA’s E-Learning roadmap makes it easy to meet participants’ individual training needs by:
- Structuring our offerings around staff competencies for professional practice areas developed by HFMA’s Board to establish the industry standard
- Assigning courses based on individual learning needs and established competencies
- 24/7 accessibility of their chosen modules and learning material online, allowing participants continuous learning while balancing busy schedules
- Eligible for 16 CPD points upon completion
- Provision of online tools to monitor progress, report outcomes, and generate certificates of completion that support career ladder progression and staff retention
- Ensuring professional development and education in the healthcare sector is easily accessible
- Provide employers with an HFMA-certified and cost-effective means of enhancing the skills of employees, with the knowledge that HFMA’s E-Learning has been created for the sector, by the sector, and is further supported by an E-Learning Governance Group
Entry-level staff, experienced managers and senior operational and clinical professionals.
Available 24/7 with a course duration deadline of 6 months.
Determined by individual courses