Independent Hospital Pricing Authority - 1 Day Program - Operational Understanding
This is the registration for the Independent Hospital Pricing Authority One Day Program on Thursday the 30th of May at Oaks on Collins.
Facilitated by Dr Sarah Neville (Executive Director, Data Analytics IHPA) and Dr Samuel Webster (Director, Pricing at IHPA) this program is relevant to all Operational, Clinical and Health Information Staff, or anybody involved in funding and costing. It is a great opportunity to hear directly from IHPA.
- Opening by Peter Joyce, Executive Director, Finance at Alfred
- Introduction to IHPA
- The Pricing Models
- Setting out the classifications used in each service stream;
- Taking the raw materials of activity and cost data;
- Applying the cost models; and
- Converting to price through setting adjustments and indexation.
- Incorporation of safety and quality measures into the price
- Sentinel events
- Hospital Acquired Complications – focus on risk adjustment
- IHPA future directions, including value-based care under an ABF paradigm
Please fill out your below details as accurately as possible - if you are filling out this colleague and are unsure of their dietary requirements, please write TBC.