FWLHD - Director Performance and Strategy
Organisation NSW Health
Local Health District / Agency Far West Local Health District
Position Classification Health Mgr Lvl 6
State Award Health Managers (State) Award
Category Senior Executive | Director
This position has senior executive responsibility to lead and direct the following elements of the Performance and Strategy Directorate, this will include:
• Provide leadership, direction and management that will ensure the delivery of high quality, safe health services in line with the NSW Health strategic direction and the delivery of effective and efficient finance support services across the District
• Lead and direct the strategic information function of the District, Health Information Management, in providing analysis and interpretation of Health System data to evaluate the performance of the District Responsible for data governance, the District's performance monitoring framework for the Ministry of Health (MoH) Service Agreement (SA) and overall operational reporting, and liaison with the Western NSWLHD Health Information Unit (HIU) hosted service.
• Demonstrating strategic leadership in service planning and funding optimisation, including operational KPI monitoring, capacity planning, activity forecasting, and activity target setting.
• Business development including growing service opportunity areas, identifying increased District income opportunities and responding to government tender opportunities.
• Strategic Planning with Director Clinical Operations, Director Aboriginal Health Planning & Community, Director People and Culture and the three clinical Directors.
• Leading District purchasing, contracting, asset management and capital planning. Management oversight of Information Communications Technology hosted service with Western NSWLHD Chief Information Officer.
COVID-19 VACCINATION COMPLIANCY
The Public Health (COVID-19 Vaccination of Health Care Workers) Order 2021 commenced on 26 August 2021. The
Order establishes mandatory requirements for health staff and persons working in health settings to be vaccinated
with a COVID-19 vaccine. Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination will now be required for all NSW Health staff.
• Develop, implement and oversee strategic, business and financial operations in accordance with corporate policies, frameworks, agreements and strategies. Negotiate and ensure adoption and compliance of strategies and initiatives to ensure the LHD complies with relevant legislative and statutory requirements.
• Manage diverse portfolios, providing high-level executive and strategic advice and direction, and providing effective leadership and guidance of senior staff, ensuring continuous effective service delivery, performance based, innovative, responsive and accountable focused work culture.
• Implement sound governance practices, processes and systems and maintain compliance with relevant legislation; regulations and best practice principles relating to finance support.
• Contribute to the development and review of the LHD strategic planning processes and measures.
• Provide expertise as an active member of the executive management team including developing organisation wide strategies and providing advice, direction and support to ensure the organisation meets its strategic objectives and statutory obligations and ensure that key performance indicators of the directorate are met in a timely and accurate manner.
• Manage the ownership and submission of statutory and professional reporting requirements including addressing audit matters and ensuring appropriate financial management controls and practices are consistent with financial management's legislation, framework, strategies and policies.
• Ensure internal controls and financial procedures are in place as practice is adjusted to continuously improve business processes, services and systems and achieve deadlines and milestones to the required standards and targets and within budget.
• Manage and develop people within your portfolio in line with strategic direction of FWLHD, inspire direction and purpose, optimise business outcomes, manage and reform change, and optimise rostering capability. Oversee an effective asset management and infrastructure planning program for the LHD.
• Operating with limited direction and manage competing demands within a complex and high volume work environment, operate and manage in an environment that is subject to on-going change that is at times unpredictable and negotiate effective solutions and resolve complex issues. Developing and implementing models of care, policies, plans and processes which ensure an appropriate balance of investment and resources across service platforms and take account of new funding arrangements. Identifying service areas for which disinvestment can be considered
• Exercising sound judgement when representing the LHD and Chief Executive on various committees, forums and working parties, local and state committees and maintain professional skills and knowledge and apply the expertise to a diverse range of staff and contexts'.
• Building the Performance and Strategy team's services and capability to align with new organisational structures and new ways of working and manage the provision of high quality reporting and strategic analyses, while establishing and implementing new process and practice across the LHD. Developing and driving the establishment and implementation of the Performance and Strategy Directorate for the District in collaboration with acute, and subacute services. Managing competing priorities and their attendant implications.
For more information or to apply for this position, CLICK HERE